passion
ˈpaʃ(ə)n/
noun
an intense desire or enthusiasm for something.
I personally think it's important to have a passion in life.
When you happen to lose interest in your daily job, or when you begin to get tired of it, it's always good to have something that you enjoy to do. Something that excites you and also relieves your stress.
Most of us tend to not know what our passion is if we're asked. And when someone asks, you start to question what you're good at. But you don't have to be good at anything initially, you know. You find where your interests lie, then you look into them, you try new activities, and eventually you come across what you enjoy doing and then gradually, you become good at it.
What's your passion?
Mine's photography. I wasn't too into it until I started university. I bought this amateur Nikon camera during my second year and started taking pictures of everything/ everyone I saw and that's how I got into it. A few good pictures and that was it. "I could be better at this if I studied it a little more."
Then I saved up more, stepped up my game by selling my baby camera (still miss it) and went for a more advanced one. I started learning about photography at late nights before I go to bed. Lenses, Cameras, Settings, all sorts. Finally something I enjoy studying LOL! Some nights would just fly by for me because I'm too busy reading about Focal Lengths Apertures and Shutter Speeds. Or too busy deciding what tripod, filters, lenses I should save up for. Or too busy going on Instagram getting inspired by travel photographers. And by the time I realise, It would already be 7am at the earliest!
But of course, passion comes along with greed. When you realise you're getting better at something, you want to improve and improve and that's also the reason I'm broke most of the time. I spend so much money on camera accessories!
I never buy clothes for myself. I'm not a makeup/skincare crazy. My mom takes care of all the girly duties for me. I work hard for good food, travels and photography. I have a strong passion but I don't think I've got plans to go professional yet. I just like wondering around new places and capturing the atmosphere.
Every year, I would save up for a big solo vacation and it usually happens around January. 11 countries and 34 cities, and hoping to expand further more. One day I'd like to have my room full of photographs I took up on them walls. And for someone who still sends postcards everywhere, I dream about having my photos printed out on postcards. Hope it's not too much.
Long way to go but for the time being, enjoy some of my favorite shots!
 |
| A random bird I shot during my morning walk |
 |
| Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, Northern Ireland. The most beautiful coast I've ever walked along. |
 |
| Dublin, Ireland at its peak hour |
 |
| Edinburgh, Scotland. How lucky I was to be able to get all different kinds of autumn in a picture? Also, that's the infamous Edinburgh Castle right there. |
 |
| Edinburgh Christmas Market, Scotland |
 |
| Singaporean Sunset |
 |
| Magic land, what I would call. Gardens by the bay, Singapore. |
 |
| In 2018, I was lucky enough to be able to cross out one on my "dream-cities" list. Genoa, Italy. Next on this list I want to go to is Austria! |
 |
| Genoa Harbour, Italy |
 |
| Belfast, Northern Ireland. Second Home. I live across from this building and every evening I walk past it from work, it never ceases to amaze me with its colors. |
 |
| Peak Hour at Belfast |
 |
| Gjovik, Norway. Hands down. The most beautiful country I have ever been. I would never say no to Norway. Expensive, but worth it. |
 |
| Gjovik, Norway |
 |
| Winter Wonderland. Gjovik, Norway |
 |
| This country comes in second. Leysin, Switzerland. |
 |
| Vevey, Switzerland. Oops, Forgot my spoon. |
 |
| Vevey, Switzerland |
 |
| Copenhagen, Denmark. It's a city you want to take a walk around with your lover. |
 |
| One of the small islands in Thailand. Definitely a summer vacation. |
 |
| Phi Phi Island, Thailand |
Then finally, Burma, Home. I feel like photos I have are not even enough to show the beauty back home. I'll definitely go around travelling during summer so that I can show the world how beautiful and raw the country is!
 |
| Shwe Dagon Pagoda, Yangon, Myanmar |
 |
| Mount Popa, Myanmar |
 |
| Shwe Dagon Pagoda, Yangon, Myanmar. One of the most peaceful landmarks on earth, I promise. |
 |
| Bagan, Myanmar. |
Hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to always make some time for your passion. We all need something to enjoy and make us feel at peace in this mad mad world!
Comments
Post a Comment