Halloween/ Got my first part time job

Happy Halloween guys!

How was your halloween? Was it exciting? What did you dress up as? I'm sure people who went out probably had a lot of fun especially, back in Burma because I've noticed that a lot of people decided to like really celebrate halloween properly this year. Must have been fun to be different sometimes.

This year on halloween, I did not go out! lol
I was working, yep working. I had shifts on both Friday and Saturday so I couldn't go out, besides I didn't really feel like it either so yea (mainly caus I dressed up as both of my favorite characters already last year). Maybe next year! 

Sooo I never mentioned I got a job, did I?


Image result for part time job cartoon

So I got this part time job at an asian restaurant and I've been working for like a month already and how has it been? Pretty nice. Better than I expected. So what I basically have to do are, accept orders, prepare takeaways, make easy food starters such as fries, kebabs and more and I also do waitering for sit-ins. At first it was like, a lot for me as I didn't have any experience but now it's cool. I mean I'm not like really used to all this stuff, I'm still making mistakes and learning a lot so yea I really enjoy the whole bit of it. I think what's really important is to have a good learning environment you know, a workplace where people are also willing to teach you and let you know your wrongs. My boss is also really cool. The people from the kitchen are really nice as well. They teach me a lot of useful stuff very patiently. I'm really thankful for how everyone's like "no worries no worries, take it easy, it's okay" whenever I start panicking after I drop plates, or burn the kebab or take wrong orders or do anything silly. It's a very good workplace to be in.

When I receive payment after work, I'm just like "yeaa bitch got this with all my effort and work" and I'd go back home and count all the cash I've gotten so far from working and get happy. I've spent so much and asked for a lot of money monthly from my parents last previous years and what makes me the proudest now is that I have been asking for way less from them these months and I don't even go broke anymore. Before, even with the amount they gave, I'd just go completely broke like halfway through the month. Mom was like shocked when I told her to only send me half the amount she usually does, she probably thought I wouldn't last long at work :P But I'm doing good and I like to be able to think I can actually help her save money as well, despite the amount; a pence or hundreds of pounds.

But of course, with the part time job now added, it means I also won't be able to afford to be behind the classes. Mom told me that working is good, that I'd know how to handle money problems better, but also that school comes first. So I should not lose focus! At first, I found it hard, I mean I still do a little, with all the tiredness, and not making it to classes but now I try hard to show up and even if I don't, to keep on track with the lectures you know. I guess everyone goes through that management struggle initially when they take their first part time jobs so hopefully, my time management will be improved and it'll cut down my sleeping hours as well (which usually was 12 hours, i know i know, unhealthy)! 

These days I want to focus on work a lot, not only the job but also school work because I've been bothered by some stuff lately lol so I try to keep myself occupied and it really helps in such great ways! I'm keeping a very positive attitude towards this job and I'm really excited to be a long term part time worker at this place. Sorry I am making a big deal out of this small work but guys its my first job so yea whatever. I'm proud. Thank you for letting me share my excitement and also, let me know what you guys have been up to these days! If you guys have blogs or want to talk to someone regarding anything, leave me links in the comment box below or email me. I love listening to people who enjoy sharing experiences, scars and more moments of their lives (just like me, big time rant-er). 

For now, let me go back to hours of finishing a lab report, which include a lot of playing Tetris battles and going on twitter to engage in fangirl conversations in between. Tick Tok, Ciao guyz!






Comments