I'm home
I'm finally now at a place with:
-a bigger bed
-a larger room
-much much better food
-terrible traffic, internet connection and heat
I'M HOME! The picture above is my country! Although it's not the city that I live in but whatever.
Soooo how have you been? everything has been normal and good?
Soooo how have you been? everything has been normal and good?
I've been meaning to write since last month but I just had the busiest month with the exams, and school camp and summer vacations. Also because I've only been back for like two weeks, I've been spending "quality" time with my family and the internet has constantly been a bitch. I've been wanting to blog a lot especially last month because I went on a school trip to a very beautiful place and I went around England for vacation so I really wanted to share my experience but hopefully soon :D and also wanted to rant a lot a lot because it was a very tiring and stressful month but it's all better now.
Soooo updates on being back home. It's been nice. The weather is lovely caus it's raining all the time so it's not too hot. I'm eating good home-made food all the time (Oh my god I gained so much weight already I hate this). But even if they make something I don't like at home, there's a new sushi place near my house that just recently opened so you can tell I'm basically going to be overweight soon yep. I also don't have to study.
But wellll, I have resits in August when I go back, meaning I kinda need to be studying back home actually but at least it feels really great to not have that exam stress you know. I'm also taking a tuition class so I'm not always like bored and lifeless. ALSO, my aunty just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy two days ago, which we're all still very excited about because boys are a very very rare gender to be born in our family so he's basically the golden boy now lol. I've got a family wedding in July so all the relatives are back home as well so almost everyday is a big family reunion!
I've also met up with some friends and what i'm most happiest about is that they haven't changed a bit. I thought I wouldn't be able to see them because supposedly they're busy as well during these months with them leaving in a couple months to study but love them for making time for me. Mostly friends drift apart, but friends from high school easily don't.
So far summer is nice and okay. It's good not having to do everything alone for some time. Laundry, cooking, grocery shopping and more and more and more.
But, there is something that has been bothering me a lot lately and it's that people don't understand the fact that just because we go study in other big countries like the States and the UK, definitely does not mean that life just suddenly gets better and easier. NO. It is hard as hell because we have to do everything on our own. I say this all the time because it's true and I really wish people got to see how we live over there. I'm not saying people have to compliment on us but I want them to understand that compared to what we had to do for ourselves back home, when we're off to college we do everything. like literally everything. And I think a lot of people tend to forget that.
Also, in Burma today, most parents are still considered conservative and some can be very superstitious as well. For example, if you wore all black as an outfit, they would normally tell you to change because the colour represents a dark disgrace (something like that). Not all parents, but there are still some parents out there who prefer their daughters to stay home most of the time, laugh softly, not look around when you walk, wear traditional clothes of all time, and so on and on because they believe a girl's standard will be the highest with such behaviours. I understand that parents want the best for us despite what they believe, how they think but sometimes it just doesn't make sense. The rules.
A lot of students who live in different countries will accept that their ways of thinking have developed more independently. After living in a different environment where people decide, choose and do things independently, I've realised piercings, crazy hair colour, loud nasty laughs, dark smoky eye make up don't matter at all. It's the inner beauty inside. But if I say this in front of most adults back home, they'll disagree with me and tell me how I've become daring in such wrong ways. I want to explain to them on how sometimes the ways they judge us completely by our outfits, jokes, the people we choose to hang with, and only by the pictures and posts on our social medias don't make sense. What I want is for a lot of adults and parents to try to understand and reason with how their kids choose to deal with things differently. I wish a lot of people stopped thinking that it's completely wrong for us to do something they didn't use to do.
A lot of students who live in different countries will accept that their ways of thinking have developed more independently. After living in a different environment where people decide, choose and do things independently, I've realised piercings, crazy hair colour, loud nasty laughs, dark smoky eye make up don't matter at all. It's the inner beauty inside. But if I say this in front of most adults back home, they'll disagree with me and tell me how I've become daring in such wrong ways. I want to explain to them on how sometimes the ways they judge us completely by our outfits, jokes, the people we choose to hang with, and only by the pictures and posts on our social medias don't make sense. What I want is for a lot of adults and parents to try to understand and reason with how their kids choose to deal with things differently. I wish a lot of people stopped thinking that it's completely wrong for us to do something they didn't use to do.
This has been bugging me a lot, that's why I came on here and shared what I felt. Whenever I feel/come across something, I always choose to blog because when I open up and rant, it usually makes me try to have a positive attitude in the end. All the things that happened, what I think and write would come up as a picture from another view and not mine so I can get a clearer judgement on the way I deal with things. I think it directs me to a better self-reflection. Plus, because I'm choosing to openly talk about personal experiences and my opinions on here, I always wonder if there are people out there who are just like me, who share the same opinions with me.
Do you think people will start to slowly grow thinking out of the box.? or is it going to take a long time for some burmese people to start trying new things that make them happy and not get judged for feeling good about it?
Do you think people will start to slowly grow thinking out of the box.? or is it going to take a long time for some burmese people to start trying new things that make them happy and not get judged for feeling good about it?
Comments
Post a Comment