Homesickness
So I just wanted to write a short post to update what's been going on, and also to acknowledge you for the pageviews! Thank you, really for spending your time on my blog reading all my dramatic posts.
So how have yous been? We just entered May so I'm guessing most of us will be having our finals soon? Universities and most high schools will be ending and there'll be A Levels and IGCSEs if I'm not wrong. I hope you all are healthy and studying well.
My first year's coming to an end as well so I have like piles of lab reports, class tests, and assignments to submit, then comes the finals like straight away. So it's natural to be freaking out and stressed (which I very much am). I also think I'm the only person who gets stressed a lot and like not do anything about it hahah I'm just letting it get to me. Nothing much has been going on. It's unreal how time travelled so fast It's almost a month since I came back from easter trip! I've just been going to classes, playing monopoly and watching kdramas lol. But I've been getting sick these days and it makes me so awfully homesick. I feel like I've ranted like everywhere but it doesn't make me feel better? I guess nothing but time cures homesickness. Lately, I've been sick and it's been bringing me down mentally. I feel like the worst part is not how I'm not well and I don't know how to take care of myself but how terribly I need my parents right now. Ever since I started getting a little sick, my parents and I have been texting each other constantly with me updating how I'm feeling, what pills I've taken, what I've eaten and as much as it helps me, it also saddens me how they're not beside me. The other morning, I got really ill and I didn't know what to do so I ended up calling my parents and couldn't help but cry like a baby and complain on the phone. That hurt me a lot more than the pain I was suffering from every part of my body. I was also angry over myself on how I made them worry a lot and how childish I was being.. I must have made them sad too. It was the first time for me to go to the hospital for myself here and I felt so horrible because my mom would always be the one to take me to those places back home. She'd register for me, she'd talk to the doctor for me, she'd take the pills, she'd laugh at me when they took my blood. I missed her a lot and needed her a lot. I missed dad driving us and waiting outside the hospital at the nearby teashop and how he would ask what was wrong on the way back. Instead this time, they could only worry and ask for updates via the internet half the world away.
I know this isn't something to be complaining about, I was aware that I would have to go through things like this alone in the beginning but when it actually happened, I felt like a 6-year-old girl lost and not knowing what to do next and I hope to never again experience this. But it would have been worse without the people around me, they took care of me, gave me pills, heating pads and called me at times to make sure I was okay and I really appreciate it, Thank you so much! If I was completely alone, I'd still be sick right now, suffering in my bed and not doing anything because I. don't. know. anything! I never really cared about my health mainly because I was always the healthy one but now I've realised I really need to start taking good care of myself like eating clean and so on because I've got finals coming up and it sucks so much to be sick and not have your family around.
I'm going back home in a month and before, honestly I didn't look forward to travelling back home for so many reasons but after this tough week, I'm counting down days on the calendar! I've got assignments to be submitted in 2 weeks, finals in 3 weeks and a vacation afterwards (which I can't wait for, with my bestfriends here!) , then finally home sweet home, my golden land. Just one more month of telling myself to hang in there.. very tight :)
#LifeOfAUniStudentFarAwayFromHome
#LifeOfAUniStudentFarAwayFromHome
![]() |
| See you soon :) |

Comments
Post a Comment