Easter Break Travel 15' (London)
London.
I've been staying in the UK for over a year but never really got a chance to be in London (lame) until this easter break. It definitely indicates a historical city, but with (very) modern people always in a rush. I've been loving it here.
Basically me and my friend have been roaming around following our phone maps. I feel like it gives the real taste of what travelling feels like. You walk to places without knowing what you might discover and what you find, what you see, they can be something you've been learning about in your school, something famous, or something people don't really know about but you find it interesting. You discover anything. I love going to new places, discovering new things or histories and observing people and their lifestyles. That's the whole point of travelling.
Food : I thought living cost over here in London would be like reallllly costly. Probably the accommodation with all the tax, strong currency, inequalities and more. Besides it's a large city so the further the distance, the higher the transportation price, which is understandable. The amount I spend here on food would fairly be the same as how I spend in Belfast. We have the same stores, so same prices, which was expected. It's just the eating-out. I thought it would be like really really expensive but no! Not only are the restaurants nice and different-culture based, but they are also cheaper than expected. You see there's no china town in Belfast so I go there almost every night here. It reminds me so much of home. Japanese food, Korean, Malaysian, Chinese and more and more and more. It's a wonderful place you should not leave out on the list when you travel to London. Sides, it's not expensive at all. But of course if you go to a really really nice grande restaurant, it doesn't count.
Tourist Attractions : Guys you have to play the London version of monopoly before you go to London caus really, it helps. My friends & I used to play like every night so whenever we go around here we recognise the streets and their locations so it's pretty likely for us not to get lost. When you see a street from monopoly, you remember where it's placed on the board at once and you roughly get an idea on how important the place/landmark can be. I like how the city is full of modern architecture but also still contains historical sites. A lot of people have been to London and I really want to know if they find the city as wonderful as I do. It can also be because I learned all about them in school so I was like, "Oh this place really exists", "This war really happened here", "This shit is real". Plus the palace and royal places excite the interest I have for the royal kingdom. Oh I went to this amusement park as well. I literally was jumping around to get on rides and kept going on about how fun it was the entire time. It was so fun that it also made me sad by how I wish I was this happy in Belfast. I'm not asking for everyday, but at least for sometime.
People : One Thing I like about London is how people are diverse. Not the tourists but I'm talking about people who live here. Like in Belfast, roughly 75% of the population would be Irish. But in London, you see different people. You can find different kind of couples. Asian and European. African and British. It's very diverse and it's cool how people don't care or mind at all. But personally I feel like people from Belfast are a lot nicer (Not judging). They're straight forward and helpful. Not that people are not nice in London but a lot of them are living busy lives and you know that even by the way they walk. In train stations, bus stops, everywhere, people are always in a rush. It took me and my friend a long time to find someone to take a picture for us. Whenever we approached someone to ask, they would walk away from us lol like we were some kind of people who sold flowers. Because Belfast is a small peaceful city, people go to work, come back, spend time with family. Students go to class, come back, study or chill that's the regular thing we all do. And also because there's not much to do in Belfast but here, there are a lot of places to go to, a lot of things you can do. From what my mom's friend (who lives in London) told me, just because you're living in a big city doesn't mean you get a high salary straight away, You have to work your ass off, you have to stay committed to your work to earn it and when you do, you reward yourself. I'm fascinated how they're always looking forward to busy days. A lot of times I've been having thoughts on transferring university as well but I'm still not sure if i can handle the busy crowded atmosphere everywhere (it gets suffocating at times, especially in train stations yep).
-
-
-
-
-
-
It's already late and as much as I'd like to tell you more about famous landmarks and histories I've heard about the British kingdom (maybe in next post?), I realllly should head to bed because tomorrow I'm off to Brighton (a small city near London with a beautiful pebble beach) in early morning. ::squeals:: I've still got 2 more days left until I get back to Belfast and I've got the job to make it a better getaway than it's already been for me. Cheers x









Comments
Post a Comment